Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Post #100: Driven to Start and Beyond

100th postI have been posting my thoughts and internet finds about flash memory since April 24 of this year and for some kind of celebration, we will have something different for post number 100. It will be a look back and also what we intend to accomplish in days ahead.

First of, before I started blogging I read the posts on Problogger.net and took in everything I could learn in order to make a serious run at a blog. I followed almost every advice there except for one, having a domain name. Mind you it isn't that I don't agree with the idea of having with one's own domain. I used Blogger to compensate for my deficiencies. I am not really an expert in HTML and scripts and can hardly go by in tweaking things in my sidebar. Another reason why I didn't go for a domain is because of my personality. I know that if I don't start now, I might never start this thing of. So I took the plunge and whipped up something here.

I really feel that flash memory is a good niche topic. Even if I am not a techie this is one product and topic that can be appreciated by people like me since most of us who use gadgets already have them or planning to buy these devices. I also have a strong interest in business research and the flash memory market is one interesting industry to document and keep an eye on since I believe this is the future of storage.

In the coming months I hope to improve Flash Driven by coming up with more insights and interactive features. Making more specialized categories in the long run will be needed. A more unique template too will be a requirement as well but I will not rush until I found a look and feel that I will be comfortable with. I also would like to work hard in achieving a decent number of regular visitors here to make the place more fun and for others to share their experiences with flash memory devices.

My over-all goal however, is still to make Flash Driven a one-stop resource for all things flash memory, specifically NAND types or USB drives and the memory cards like SD Cards, Compact Flash, Memory Sticks and xD Cards.

Before starting this project, I have observed that you can get information about flash memory online but you have to get a little bit from this site another one from that blog, another technical bit from this programming site. It is my hope that someday, this humble work shall produce a repository of information that people can use to be more informed about this topic.

Technorati tags: / / / / / / / /

posted by Henry Marcos at 12:06 AM

Add To: Del.icio.us / Digg / Furl / Technorati Favorites

4 Comments:

Blogger Henry Marcos said...

Thanks Naomi.

We'll that's just it we don't know what will happen until we really do roll-up our sleeves. Like for example this blog, I might regret not getting my own domain name in the future. Or probably not as well.

Who knows?

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have unique niche, i think you will success on this

10:15 AM  
Blogger Henry Marcos said...

Thanks hiking for the encouraging words.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jarkko said...

Great that you have already realized what wonderful philosophers have known for centuries. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home