Thursday, April 27, 2006

SD Cards invade the Broadcasting Industry

are attempting to replace tape in video cameras. Now it has come into the world of high performance broadcast cameras as well. The Grass Valley Infinity Camcorder is for broadcasting purposes and uses SD Cards instead of tape. A United Press International report says that the images were broadcast quality.

I had my first brush with this when I used the Digilife camcorder of my cousin. The video quality isn’t great but it was a lot of fun since it was so easy to use. One can record about 30 minutes of video on it using a 512MB SD Card. It was convenient as well to transfer on the the PC and send the file to my relatives via broadband.

Is it a just matter of time before flash memory replaces tape?

posted by Henry Marcos at 1:04 AM

Add To: Del.icio.us / Digg / Furl / Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home