Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flash Memory Encryption Methods

My fellow Google Answers Researcher, mathtalk, asks in one of his comments if I have already did a post on flash memory encryption. I said not yet but it was a good idea so here it is.

In my web search, I found the Wikipedia article about flash memory having a good discussion about encryption. The article mentions different methods of encryption.

1. Encrypted filesystem - "This prevents an unauthorized person (who has found or stolen the drive) from accessing the data stored on it. The disadvantage of this is that the drive is accessible only in the minority of computers which have the same encryption software..."

2. Software Encryption - TrueCrypt, CryptoBuddy, and Private Disk

3. Biometric Encryption

Source: USB Flash Drive: Security

Technorati tags: / /

posted by Henry Marcos at 5:20 AM

Add To: Del.icio.us / Digg / Furl / Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home